Good Afternoon, Guest

Author Topic: New and Improved TS Server  (Read 1374 times)

Bond

New and Improved TS Server
« on: January 08, 2017, 12:00:10 AM »
As you may have noticed, The TS Server has been migrated and upgraded to the latest version of Teamspeak.
Between myself and @LordPlunderButt, We have configured and tested Teamspeak, Added groups and nice little icons to make users defined.
Well done to Lord who managed to move TS onto an SQL Server (Better support for plugins and monitoring). Also, he's managed to make this run on Linux..Hoorar.

What Does This Mean?
Better permissions and server groups, perks and the removal of spam coming in from the outside world. Thank God.

New Server Groups
Information on the new server groups and their purpose:

TN Guest
Can only connect to lobby. Each new user to TS will need to register and be proactive on our forums as per the Rules & Guidelines.

TN Member
Will be assigned by either Moderator or Administrator. These are the users who have read and followed the guidelines and have an active forum account.

TN Member +
A fairly recent addition to the Server Group, is for long term members of the TN community. Decision made by Administrators only.
Comes with Perks such as the ability to Kick users from current channel, Moving players within TS and have access to the File Browser.
Any abuse of powers found within this group will be demoted back to TN Member and infractions imposed.

TN Supporter
For those who have kindly supported the community via donations of any size.
Comes with perks such as the ability to Kick users from current channel, Moving players within TS, access to the File Browser, offline chat and poking other players.
Any abuse of powers found within this group will be demoted back to TN Member and infractions imposed, regardless of status.
Same as the forums, supporter tag will only stay on for a month.

TN Moderator
TN Community Moderator. This goes without saying.

TN Administrator
These are the owners, What says goes etc.

Game Moderators
For those who are in game moderators to our services. This group identifies the users who admin the servers.
They have unique perks associated with this server group.

All server groups have icons assigned to them to help identify users who they are.
The Prefix has also been dropped in favour of the server group icon instead.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 12:02:42 AM by Bond »
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

SINNER

Re: New and Improved TS Server
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »
Ah yes, I quite like this. Giving some seniority to the long term guys who've been designated as such so that they can sort out troubles within TS. I reallllly hope it doesn't become an issue of power as in people moving others around for the laughs. But as is stated, you boys will set that straight if it becomes a problem. Thanks for the hard work @LordPlunderButt  and @Bond. Ya boys take care of the community so well.

ManuelTheTree

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 12:16:24 AM »
Props to the admins it also looks more organized then before. Nice work

SirHCT

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 07:37:43 AM »
looking at these changes i think i should have veto rights in ts yes.. hmm .. yes

Santa Claus

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:28:22 PM »
BlunderPutt assigned me something on TS yesterday, but I didn't see what it was  ;D
Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature Signature

Bond

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »
If you look on the right hand side... you can see what server group you are assigned too....

It's called the clean less clutter look!

2k17
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

The Nameless

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 09:17:04 PM »