Good Afternoon, Guest

Author Topic: Arma III Content..  (Read 13383 times)

TheCrow

Re: Arma III Content..
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 09:04:28 PM »
Bornholm wasteland i know would be a challenge but yeah making a mission is much easier to throw together

TheCrow

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 10:28:00 AM »
Thought i would give an update on the mission im working on ..
Map: Bornholm/ You can download the map from the steam workshop...

Since drone went down well and that was simple search and destroy and the AI's compacted made it a challenge i decided to take my time with this mission/tasks
currently im building up allies/enemy base location with the Enemy base being the main mission but ill be adding in side tasks that the player(s) can choose to take on if they wish..
I'm hopeing to add in helii Para drops to keep the player on there toes infact ill be adding in some surprises so them side missions might be right up your ally if your looking for some different types of action, From heli's/tanks or enemy patrols again the choice is yours what ever Mission/Task you choose 8)

I made out a plan this time where my last missions where just on the fly so this comes out much better and polished..

If anyone wants to help me in the building up of the map like Allies/enemy base or the side missions let me know ..
I'm working with an AI spawn script which makes things alot easy when adding in the Ai's which can be time consuming plus this script gives you alot of options like the para drops i mentioned so fingers crossed it works as im still testing..Also im hopeing to add in a Mobile spawn script just like in resistance so saves you spawning back at main base if you wish..

Here's a sneek peek of an area im building up i was going to show the enemy base but nah ill leave that up to the player to find ;)

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:28:14 AM by TheCrow »

Paddylad

• I'll break my foot off in your ass!!!!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:29:44 PM »
Gis a l;ook at what ya have done so fat bro?  i is curious now lol
Ya see, I'm Irish, but I'm not a leprechaun
You wanna fight, then step up and we'll get it on!!!

Bond

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 01:31:01 AM »
Gis a l;ook at what ya have done so fat bro?  i is curious now lol

Don't be calling him fat now..I mean, Tis only a game Ted!

Bit harsh like.
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

Paddylad

• I'll break my foot off in your ass!!!!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2015, 07:18:29 AM »
hahaha must have been Stoned there lol Jaysus :o
Ya see, I'm Irish, but I'm not a leprechaun
You wanna fight, then step up and we'll get it on!!!

TheCrow

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:42 AM »
I'm pulling my hair out over scripts i want to add into this mission :o Is the unit game logic bugged b/c at times its there then its not really annoying but im not giving up i did add in a patrol script that makes AI patrol and even enter houses to search which is a nice addition,So im still testing out script for the time being anyways But will be adding in abit more building on the map which should not be much as theres no need as most missions will be out there within the many town Bornholm has..

SINNER

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2015, 11:27:17 PM »
Okay, as for Arma III.. I have a lot of missions/scenarios and things downloaded but I haven't really dove into them yet. As for content, I really enjoy the Marksman DLC so far. Some of the things I've played around on:

Epoch - Well, this was fun for a time.. Though, it can be very frustrating to start out. If you hit a populated server, you're almost sure to get overrun easily and quickly.

AiA (All in Arma) - Oooh.. I like this one. I want a lot more to be done with it. Combining it with Epoch led to Chernarus Epoch in A3, but I'd like to see more people branching out and playing with these maps. Back in the day I used to play DayZ Origins with A2. That was a lot of fun, and the map used for it is absolutely brilliant. Taviana is the name of it, and I think it is in AiA aswell. Panthera is another map included that really didn't get the credit it deserved back in A2. I think it is wonderful, and the terrain is really varied. There are a ton of hills, some hotel buildings to play around with, and lots of high vantage points to take. Not sure if Namalsk is in AiA, but that was another A2 map that I tried and liked for DayZ sake.

Battle Royale - This is a fun one. Everyone starts off with nothing, and you must rush to the nearest building/car to look for loot to defend yourself. Procure on sight game modes have always been a thrill, and there is no better feeling than beating someone to loot and hearing them beg for their life before you shut them down. Eventually, over time.. The playing surface gets smaller and a blue ring closes off the map. This forces the combat to flow, instead of campers sticking to one area of the map and nothing happening for long periods of time. Only one can survive.. Will it be you?

Wasteland - Simplistic gameplay at its core, with scripts added in as the server owner pleases. Wasteland can become a mission filled with intricate workings, or something that is fun to pick up and play. We here at the Nameless host our own Wasteland server, and it is a mix of the objectives, base building madness, and fun antagonizing other players. Our server is run on Stratis, but I think Stratis is the perfect size for Wasteland.

Bornholm - I will agree with Crow on this one. This map is beautiful, and deserves some mistreatment. When will Bornholm get its time? When will we destroy this one instead of Altis or Stratis? With our bombs and our bullets, we shall make our own mark on this glorious piece of land.

Altis Life - This was fun for a long time. Roleplaying as a bandit, helping out as a nameless cop on our server.. I had some genuine good times arresting criminal scum, or being a thug ass mother fucker. Though, I can't recommend this for just anyone.. This is like an acquired taste, and if you are new to it, this game mode will take a lot of adjustment and getting used to. There are so many rules and regulations that some might find it overwhelming. Proceed with caution, my friends.

Overall, I've had a really fun time playing with things that have been created by the community. Though, I've given some thought to moving back to ArmA 2 on the side to play some old school DayZ Mod. I like the current SA, but it is riddled with annoyances and problems. Annoying that I can't navigate for shit. Annoying that there's not many modes of transport. Annoying that persistent storage isn't a thing right now.. But I'm sure they will get to making the game better. Anywho.. This post is long enough. Cheers, boys and girls.

TheCrow

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »
Arma 3 map pack:

This is  Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead maps ported over to arma 3,You can download all or parts the choice is yours..
If you read you will notice some maps from your arma 2 days and some that where used in MP there as well..

Follow the link if interested in downloading ...

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23863

FSF Al Rayak

This map was released in april and from looking at some vids on it this is a beautiful made map,The map is 20 x 20 km has 7 cities, 3 seaports, 2 main rivers, 4 airfields, about 100 villages and many bridges..

you can download it by clicking on the link..

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=28564

Requirements:
 All in Arma Terrain Pack (AiA TP)

Gorgona:
Gorgona is a small island located in the Ligurian Sea.
Terrain area: 16.2 sq. km
Hilly, heavily forested terrain, with large olive plantations, and rocky shorelines.
1 main village, with several surrounding farms and compounds.
Locations: Prison, junk yard, port, helipad, cemetery, castle, radome installation, military camp, research station.

you can get this from steam workshop but from reading BI forums its best download from Armaholic ,Link below..

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27996
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:50:00 AM by TheCrow »

The Nameless

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

TheCrow

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 01:47:49 PM »
since i finished some map alterations on wasteland this gives me time to pop back to my bornholm mission also if anyone is interested in playing some steam published content let me know i can host them on my machine but i recommend downloading evolve program so we can lan i posted a link here..
there is alot of good mission content on steam and i have downloaded alot myself even with the RHS mod which is worth a look over..

https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome

TheCrow

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »
I came across this on Boards.ie so looked more into it..

Its called the Ikarus mod,it is a team vs team game mode without respawn.
 Other features include:
Squad versus AI (so you can practice)
An option to reinforce a squad by paradrop if you missed the start of the round
Multi-stage missions where you need a key form a previous missions to unlock special missions in other games (the persistence allows this)
veteran mode..

Here is the link to there web page: https://ikarus.idleplaythings.com/howtoplay

Here is a link to BI forum discussing the mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?188529-New-ARMA-3-team-vs-team-gamemode-Ikarus-ready-for-beta-Need-testers!

TheCrow

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2015, 10:49:29 AM »
I found this looks like AiA will be replaced in do course by this new feature which they say will be much smaller and better ,Have a rad over folks...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179990-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/

Bond

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2015, 09:07:14 PM »
I found this looks like AiA will be replaced in do course by this new feature which they say will be much smaller and better ,Have a rad over folks...

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/179990-community-upgrade-project-cup-terrains/

About time someone split up the maps.. I mean, 8 Gigs plus is fecking huge - especially for shared servers and what not.. plus users with SSD's - nuts!

Looking forward to when they do have the maps split - will make use out of that myself
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

TheCrow

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:11 PM »
Check it out guys someone did a NAM map,have a look and maybe D/load..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501689302

TheCrow

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2015, 07:49:25 PM »
check this out lads and have a look at the vids this would make great missions..

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277

TheCrow

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »
Found this little game which is best run on a dedi and im surprised theres no servers out there running this..

Its called Urban Conquest: you choose between the 3 factions theres 16 player slots in each plus you playing along side AI's and theres vehicles in it which you can jump into or after some time AI's will control i'd say this is like domination you try to control all points and hold them and at the end those with most tickets win the game,you can change the parameters of the game from timed game to AI skill lvl and even what % of type of vehicles spawn in..

Theres 4 missions of this the one i have being playing is set in kavala yes its CQB i do believe he has a total conquest made but have not check it out..

I opened this in editor and just can not seem to add in no fatigue,I ghave tryed in the Init of all players ti adding it in Init.sqf and even initplayer.sqf and still it won't work? I added in VAS scattered around the capture points so peeps can gear up how to see fit...

Its in the steam workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177941258&searchtext=Urban+Conquest
Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17255

The Nameless

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 12:14:15 PM »