Good Evening, Guest

Author Topic: Testing New Ideas ..  (Read 1189 times)

TheCrow

Testing New Ideas ..
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:29:21 AM »
Since i failed miserably trying to set up an Exile server for some testing i carried on without..

I combined Alive+Ravage Mod..
Two factions on the island of Altis Blufor and opfor going at it with ravage survival mod with AI bandits+zombies so im out there trying to survive and all this going on around me..

There was one instance when i was in a small town and an OPfor patrol rolled in to be met by an AI bandit group so there i am caught in the middle of this big fire-fight lol interesting and adds more to your survival..

since i was testing in SP have yet to try it on my dedi i think ill turn off the zombies as all units in game are targets i saw opfor engage the zombies but it could make for an interesting scenario but im thinking off performance on a server,But the good thing about Alive Mod is that units will only come into play when a player comes in within a certain distance so thats a plus...

I would like feed back and if it is worth continuing with the tests as a project that some people would be interesting playing some time????
The main area i would like is to try it with Exile as it stands i do not believe that anyone has a server with these Mods in play especially the Alive mod....

Bond

Re: Testing New Ideas ..
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »
Crow,

Sometimes I worry about your experiments in Arma servers..

Your last mod caused a 100GB log file to which we are still devising and caused severve pains to the TN Dedi lol just don't talk to @LordPlunderButt about that.....

Get a prototype and If successfull, I can review / host it properly!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 12:03:26 PM by Bond »
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

TheCrow

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 09:23:41 AM »
Mad...

Tanoa is hot right now and when it launches its a must to play on it have you seen the vids?

A few of us are picking it up ill be doing it myself this weekend and will be popping on and will record a few bits and share..

My ideas we should test out on Altis exile beofre we think of an Tanoa Exile? or wasteland?

The Ravage Mod i am using had modules so you just throw them down and click how you want them to preform very simple Mod ,I like the Bandit AI in it..

Bond

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
Shall indeed look into it as we are down an arma server..

However, I am not keen on patching an empty server
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

TheCrow

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »
I understand the likes of Exile needs alot of love,I think we just need a MP mission file that does not need much care just pop on eye in now and then..
Remember that mission i did at kavala??

I was thinking of throwing a made mission of ours up?
I have being playing around alot lately with certain mods/tools and i have an idea of a mission file for MP a survival type with just the one MOD needed the other tools are scripts...

Yeah we need to chat lol...

The Nameless

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »