Good Evening, Guest

Author Topic: RED DAWN ALTIS  (Read 5253 times)

TheCrow

RED DAWN ALTIS
« on: June 18, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
Well Here you go Bond you did ask for something we could have a look and a go?

I have created a MP mission not fully finished i'd say 85% whats left is mostly briefings give it a back story and text overly for players when they spawn in to give them some intel..

So far i have 8 players down but ill be increasing it i would say Max 20 but then i would need to add more military areas?

I have added the ravage Mod which can be download from here>>>> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29638

I have based the Mission on Red Dawn the movie a CSAT occupation force has taken Altis you spawn in  Civ clothes search for loot in buildings theres is a survival mode added so you need to drink and eat but beware of roaming CSAT forces who are not always dressed in military uniforms,There is  7 military sectors marked on the map these areas will reward you with military gear but they throw up a challenge in trying to take them and secure your rewards,Can you repel the occupation and return to your normal civ life?

I was thinking of adding in IED's to the mix let me know if there's interest for this?

I made the mission not that easy i don't want peeps getting weapons straight  of the bat you need to scrounge and also keeping looking over your shoulder because you never know when a CSAT patrol rolls into town ;D

I was going to add in the zombies but it still can be an option?

I have added in 5 spawn locations,when you first spawn into the game you may not be with your buddy  ;D
I have removed stamina even after respawn ..there are vehicles scattered on the map find them ;D some vehicles will respawn if they have being disabled you will get a notification of its respawn..

I have a roaming chopper that covers the whole map try not to let it see you ;D
Cleanup script added for dead bodies after 5 mins so get your kill and pick up your gear from them ASAP!!
I have added 2 base camps so you can store gear and plan your next move on the enemy ;)

I think thats all of it lol let  me know if i can add more to it or Bond give me a shout if you want the PBO to have a look over and try some tests?

TheCrow

Re: RED DAWN ALTIS
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 01:44:09 PM »
Added Earplug script..

A few pics ,Less the 10 minutes after spawning and looting in some houses 2 roaming patrols decide to roll by me lol

Further on about 10 minutes after my close call with the patrols a vehicle patrol comes to town..

At last got me self some gear...

TheCrow

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
If you see vehicles like this they can be repaired with a toolkit..

Sacks will also contian loot along with crates and luggage .

TheCrow

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 03:48:36 PM »
You can hunt wildlife( rabbits) and obtain meat from it if you have a gutting knife,Rabbit meat needs to be cooked on a fire prior to eating it. It doesn't spoil and you can store it indefinitely.

TheCrow

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 10:29:53 PM »
Some testing of the mission i ran into some bandits and the outcome was a close call..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qXnhR0W2qo

Bond

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 10:52:57 PM »
That is a lot to digest in one sitting!

I shall review all posts and see what I can make outta it
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

TheCrow

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 10:13:32 AM »
Carrying on from my last vid you see me heading into the town and again i run into some trouble i missed the first few mins as i forgot to re-hit record but some action ensues ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lOvxEpCrY0

Bond

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM »
Are you free over the weekend Crow? Might go over this PBO with you and see if I can make it live.

Is there any more tweaking to be done?

The Nameless

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2016, 10:43:30 AM »

TheCrow

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2016, 11:27:59 AM »
i have a BBQ on saturday son's birthday but am free later on after 6/7pm  ish and free sunday..

Prob need to tweek the briefing parts give more info to the player on the situation...

Added in an opening shot this morning still playing around with it heres a vid of what i have of it so far...
I am on the DEV branch as you can see from that vid i have apex and was checking out the new things coming :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEyfx7TMfcM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 11:31:54 AM by TheCrow »

TheCrow

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 11:39:54 AM »
In my vid hostile down near the end of it you hear shots but they are not aimed at me that is b/c there are AI lone wolfs spawn in who are hostile to all..

AI hostile's can be increased to make the mission more of a challenge...

TheCrow

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2016, 10:39:28 AM »
Using Apex and being in your created missions fuks them up but thank god i made copies ...

I added IED's and switched on zombies at low pop rate..

An unexpected error appeared when i was playing,since player characters are Blufor i changed there loadouts with them being held after you being killed and respawn, in one instance i respawned in full Blufor loadout??
I have files included to stop this so maybe one off??

Paddylad

• I'll break my foot off in your ass!!!!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »
yeeeoow lads this looks good craic is there ear plugs? :D lol Remember whats happening Sunday though hahah.
Ya see, I'm Irish, but I'm not a leprechaun
You wanna fight, then step up and we'll get it on!!!

TheCrow

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2016, 05:18:29 PM »
yeah ear plugs added...

Bond

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2016, 10:33:14 PM »
yeeeoow lads this looks good craic is there ear plugs? :D lol Remember whats happening Sunday though hahah.

What's happening sunday?

TheCrow

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »

What's happening sunday?

The big match boy...

The Nameless

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 10:54:04 AM »