Good Evening, Guest

Author Topic: Some changes that I think would be grand  (Read 3965 times)

SINNER

Some changes that I think would be grand
« on: July 05, 2016, 01:32:34 AM »
Being the busy Mick that he is, I'm sure that Mister Plunderbutt would like some suggestions on the Ark server. I'll be the first to say that I've had fun with it so far, but things could be a bit better. The first thing we have to do is keep the server up to date. Now, I know this is hard.. Ark updates so damn much. But, I'll try and throw one of y'fellas a message when it does, so we can get it updated. Now, a few things to improve the gameplay; Tamerate needs adjusting. Ever tried to tame a high level dino? Man, you could be waiting a long time.. or, with a bit of work you could boost the tame rate and have that sucker done fairly quickly. It helps the grind of ark speed up a bit, if you will. Another thing is baby maturation rate. When breeding, babies tend to grow up so slowly that it becomes a hassle to look after them. A bit of adjustment would make this part of the game more fun, and less of a headache/timesink. And a final bit of change, the wild dino spawn rate seems locked around 16 or so. That could be upped to around 120, or beyond. The servers I used to play on would do around 120 and it was a good fit. Also, if you make these changes be sure to reflect them in the server name. Something like [EU/IE] Nameless Clan Server (2x Tame, 3x Gather, 3x Growth for Babies, Lvl120 Wild Dinos) Something like that. You could also, as shown in that example, tweak the gather rate if you want to. It would affect how many of a resource one would get per attempt at gathering it. Not sure what to tell you on that one, as I don't mind the current rate. But the Dino spawns being so low, the babies taking so long to grow, and the Taming being such a long and boring pain in the ass are some things to look at. Thanks for your time, boys and girls.

Bond

Re: Some changes that I think would be grand
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:55:36 AM »
Le Forwarded to The Great @LordPlunderButt.

I would go configure it.. But I'd probably burn the server out..
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

LordPlunderButt

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 01:59:51 AM »
The first thing we have to do is keep the server up to date. Now, I know this is hard.. Ark updates so damn much.
We update as soon as the updates come out. There might be a delay of a few hours (have to get home!! :P ) but we always know when there's an update ready to go.

Tamerate needs adjusting.
I agree. It's tricky to find the exact rate. I've tweaked it when doing the last few updates, it's just a case of finding the right balance!
It's the main thing I want to fix really.

Another thing is baby maturation rate. When breeding, babies tend to grow up so slowly that it becomes a hassle to look after them.
I tweaked that a bit too, but I don't think it's a common thing, so it's hard to get feedback. I've made more tweaks recently so let me know how it goes.

And a final bit of change, the wild dino spawn rate seems locked around 16 or so. That could be upped to around 120, or beyond. The servers I used to play on would do around 120 and it was a good fit.
I've gotten conflicting reports on this... I might have to do a poll.

Also, if you make these changes be sure to reflect them in the server name. Something like [EU/IE] Nameless Clan Server (2x Tame, 3x Gather, 3x Growth for Babies, Lvl120 Wild Dinos)
It's a moot point because the server browser is useless. Also any server listing websites like gametracker will truncate the name anyway. After the 15th or so character, it just becomes confusing imo.

tweak the gather rate if you want to.
I personally think the gather rate is excessive at the moment to be honest. But I'm not opposed to changing it! I'll look at tweaking.

Thanks for your time, boys and girls.

Thanks dude. First person to post proper feedback! I'll chat to you on TS about it soon and we can do those tweaks.

On a side note. PARAGRAPHS!  :D

Bond

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 02:03:58 AM »

On a side note. PARAGRAPHS!  :D

What's wrong with a wall of text?

Oh... I see.
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

SINNER

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:20:40 AM »
Now you listen here, boyo. Having a good amount of feedback is nothin' to scoff at. I love my paragraphs, thank ya very much. But yeah, seriously.. Thanks for taking time to look into the stuff and things. The main things I'm looking at are those three. Having the higher wild spawns kind of adds danger in one element, and utility in another. But totes up to you guys.

The Nameless

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 02:20:40 AM »