Good Morning, Guest

Author Topic: A new direction..  (Read 2562 times)

TheCrow

A new direction..
« on: August 01, 2016, 06:10:16 PM »
So i started a course today its CompTIA IT Fundamentals when i finish and pass the exam iam moving onto the CompTIA A+ certification and the Network+ certification so when done ill be a network technician ;D but then i need to pick what direction i should continue after these certs so any of you tech gurus offer me any advice as to which area i should contine down? stick with Networks or security?
As for jobs Tech support over the phone iam not into even thou i have a good work record of working with the public so ill look more into what available to me?

Paddylad

• I'll break my foot off in your ass!!!!
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: A new direction..
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »
Keep going at the coding Crow, i know nothing about it but they are paying big bucks to peeps with just a year long coding course as far as a few mates told me. just a thought sir!!
Ya see, I'm Irish, but I'm not a leprechaun
You wanna fight, then step up and we'll get it on!!!

Bond

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 11:47:48 PM »
Well Crow,

It REALLY depends on what you want to do in the IT sector...

Do you want to...

- Repair computers in a repair centre environment
- Manage Servers and administrate / deploy
- Sit in a basement and code yer guts outs

Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

TheCrow

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 11:07:59 AM »
Update since last talked about  this..

I finished IT Fundamentals with flying colours and have started on CompTIA A+ ill sit my exams in late june early july i have being trying to get work experience to get something on my CV that i did some filed work ..
Once i finish A+ i think i will go for the networking cert which i should finish by the end of the year.. ;D

Frank Rock

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:48:10 PM »
Make sure your well prepared for the test's . Try and take as many practice exams and get to know all of the information on what's to be expected. Those exams cost a ton of $. The networking / coding side of computers will have plentiful jobs opening. Especially with large corps working on software design for other businesses. Take care Crow, and stay with it until you find something you like.

LordPlunderButt

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »
Update since last talked about  this..

I finished IT Fundamentals with flying colours and have started on CompTIA A+ ill sit my exams in late june early july i have being trying to get work experience to get something on my CV that i did some filed work ..
Once i finish A+ i think i will go for the networking cert which i should finish by the end of the year.. ;D

Sweet! Congrats dude!

The Nameless

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »