Good Evening, Guest

Author Topic: virgin media hub 3.0  (Read 1676 times)

TheCrow

virgin media hub 3.0
« on: October 29, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
Throw a question at you Bond or LordPlunderbutt,You guys i asume have this router installed? How did yee sort out the port forwarding? I see it changes every so often so you have to keep up to date IE adding a new rule every so often..

I had this working and was using Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool (TADST)    to run a server and run some of my created missions of Arma and be able to share with the lads they only way now is doing a LAN server and conecting VIA Evolve or Tunngle but the lads have to download the tool where as a dedi is better..
I read somewhere abit ago that this router is fuked when coming to port forwarding?

This router is abit different from last one i had where i set up a static IP, I asume I have to do the same with this router but how?

Iam still learning this subject not 100% lol I asume i have to go into DHCP and assign a new rule by reserving a MAC address??

Any feed back would be nice...

LordPlunderButt

Re: virgin media hub 3.0
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »
I think Bond has the Hub but I have the older Cisco modem. We both have ours in bridge (modem) mode, and have our own firewalls connected for port forwarding and NAT and the like.

The Static IP you'll set up on your server (pc or whatever) by doing this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/
Then you create your port forwarding rules on the router, with the rules pointing towards the static IP that you set up on the server.
As for the external IP, it's dynamic, but virgin media IP's change very rarely so you should be fine.

I'm not familiar with the web GUI for the Hub, so I'm not sure the exact steps for port forwarding. In any case, if you don't have options for Port Forwarding, then your account is probably set up on pseudo-IPv6/DS-LITE, which you can read about here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057637039
You can request Virgin Media to change you back to standard IPv4 either on boards or twitter etc. - trying to ask them over the phone is a nightmare because the support sucks.

The Nameless

Re: virgin media hub 3.0
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 05:22:22 PM »