Good Evening, Guest

Author Topic: Ryzen desktop processors  (Read 2681 times)

TheCrow

Ryzen desktop processors
« on: May 03, 2017, 08:57:57 AM »
Anyone being looking into the new AMD's processors????

see the Ryzen 5  1600X (6 cores/12 threads, 3.6GHz/4.0GHz) going for £199.00 on Amazon .uk
alot cheaper then an i5 and  with the cores and threads its offering your looking at i7   territory makes for a worth while investment?

Could see intel prices dropping as well maybe?????

Ryzen 7 1800x (8 Cores, 16 Threads @3.6GHz Zen)  pick it up for about 410 euro , if your looking at intel your paying up to 1 grand where as AMD's is much cheaper but yeah intels has better proformance but AMD's price changes things..

is this the end of intels monopoly?????

" AMD has thrown in a few innovations of its own. By increasing the amount of low-level cache close to the CPU with 256KB L1 cache, 4MB L2 cache—doubling that of Intel's Broadwell-E—and 16MB of L3 cache, AMD can feed the Zen cores more instructions more quickly for improved single-threaded performance. Then there's "SenseMI" (Machine Intelligence)"

LordPlunderButt

Re: Ryzen desktop processors
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 07:36:33 PM »
I don't think Intel are going to drop the price much of the current lineup but the next gen i5's (and maybe i7's) are going to be significantly cheaper.
Ryzen is still a mixed bag, going by benchmarks but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Just need some more devs on board to optimize software/games and they're golden. There's no reason the next gen Zen CPUs wouldn't be the ideal choice for gaming machines - productivity, not so much though.
The enterprise space would be wise to skip the current Zen CPUs though - some really fucky stuff in the microcode for those chips...

SirHCT

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
rysen has a lot of issues with ramspeeds and stuff not working right. they are patching it tho.

TheCrow

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:35 PM »
yeah Bond after talking about getting parts you have to call theres no website but i got Motherboard, i7 2600 quad core, tower and a power supply for 200 euro and cables for my HD's ect didn't need them but  eh..

Bond

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:54:26 PM »
Ah nice one.

See what other goodies you can "acquire"
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

Bond

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:51:16 PM »
I ended up going to the blue team.

Bye bye AMD. You served well.
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent