Good Morning, Guest

Author Topic: Ark things!  (Read 1531 times)

Robert

Ark things!
« on: June 09, 2017, 08:36:34 PM »
Just a quick message before I need to dash.
I do understand that there has been some lag issues and stuff, but sometimes the ark server just kicks me off. And shows a timeout message, which can be quite troublesome if you are flying over the sea or in a fight with something that has teeth! Everything else is good, tame rate, gather and so on.  You guys might want to mass reset the wild dinos, so it fixes lag issues and Dino spawning stuff.
Was on also wondering if the timer for dinos that can be claimed to be turned back on.  When the guys started back on the Ark server our characters got reset so we lost our dinos and bases so we had to make a new clan. Some of the stuff got sorted which was great, we got our buildings back and so on. But not all of it. We can't open some of the doors without pins and all the spikes outside the base aren't ours so our dinos can die if they come too close to them.  If a player is off for a certain time their dinos used to be able to get tamed after 7 days of them being off the server. Was wondering if that could be turned back on. since I can't claim some of my dinos that I found from ages ago who belonged to the other tribe that we lost.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:45:45 PM by Bond »

Bond

Re: Ark things!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 11:40:47 PM »
Moved to correct forum...

@LordPlunderButt  is looking into it and will respond shortly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 11:46:27 PM by Bond »
Developer | Server Admin | Tech Guru | Web Admin | 007 Agent

LordPlunderButt

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:56:38 AM »
I do understand that there has been some lag issues and stuff, but sometimes the ark server just kicks me off. And shows a timeout message
I'm not seeing anything server-side which would cause this, can you make a note of the time and the error message the next time it happens please? I can dig further then.

You guys might want to mass reset the wild dinos, so it fixes lag issues and Dino spawning stuff.
The wild dinos are reset fairly regularly, so I doubt that's contributing to latency issues.

When the guys started back on the Ark server our characters got reset so we lost our dinos and bases so we had to make a new clan. Some of the stuff got sorted which was great, we got our buildings back and so on. But not all of it. We can't open some of the doors without pins and all the spikes outside the base aren't ours so our dinos can die if they come too close to them. 
Who is this affecting other than yourself? What's the current tribe name and the old tribe name? I'll see if I can merge.

If a player is off for a certain time their dinos used to be able to get tamed after 7 days of them being off the server. Was wondering if that could be turned back on. since I can't claim some of my dinos that I found from ages ago who belonged to the other tribe that we lost.
That used to be enabled but it looks like an update changed the default. I'll look into that on the next update cycle over the next few days.

SazieDaisy

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:10 AM »
The name of the old tribe is The Adipose and the new one is The Crimson Embers. We can't place anything new in the base because it says we can't place things near an enemy base.

LordPlunderButt

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:07:29 AM »
I'm going to merge the old tribe into the new tribe. All of the old tribes' assets will be moved over.
I should get this done Saturday, during the update cycle. Might be down for a while as I'll need to do a full backup.

The Nameless

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 03:07:29 AM »